Since Independence Day is tomorrow, and since I had some time to prepare yesterday, I decided to set Sophie up for a little painting to celebrate the 4th of July. She loves painting things and I saw a fabulous posting on Pinterest on creating a fireworks painting with pipe cleaners (see that posting here). So, that's what we did!
This was quite an easy task to set up. I first put out some red and blue paint. Then I took 3 pipe cleaners, folded them in half, twisted the folded end to make a handle, then spread the other ends apart. This created 6 pieces out, which is what we dipped in paint to put onto our paper. I did have to help her. (Hey, she's only 2 after all!) It was her idea to place the blue and red almost on the same place, and I think it was a fabulous idea and made it look great. We then just put some fingerprints around the fireworks and sprinkled glitter on it all while the paint was still wet. That's it! It was fun, easy, and Sophie loved it.
I also wanted a cute momento of both kids so I also created this one below. The foot is Everett's and the hand is Sophie's. I wanted E's hand, but he wouldn't hold it open so I went with the foot. It's not perfect, but I've learned to accept that as life and move on. :)
Both are currently hanging on my fridge for all to see! Well, really just me, but I wanted to admire my little ones' arts a little longer. :) Have you done any crafting for the 4th?? Please share ideas!
No comments:
Post a Comment