Friday, August 17, 2012

Sophie Speaking At 20 Months Old

Sophie is learning new words all the time now. I don't always catch them the first time, but I eventually figure out that she has a new word. Some of her words right now are (with the best I can spell them as she says them):
  • gwashes = glasses 
  • gog = dog
  • cruck = truck
  • Eat, eat, eat (she always says it more than once)
  • kink = drink 
  • peas or lease = please
  • mo = more
  • die, die = bye bye
  • up  (this one is VERY clear!)
  • chess = chest
  • keek = cheeks
  • mommy, momma, dad, mimi, nana, poppi
She can say other words as well, but that's all that come to mind at the moment.  She is always picking up new words randomly.  I found out she could say truck when we were sitting at the computer and she heard a truck driving down the street.  It soon came into view, where she started saying it again.  It was after about 4 times of her saying it that I realized what she was saying as she was pointing to the truck passing by.  I didn't even know she knew what a truck was, much less how to say it!  Kids are amazing sponges!  

Here's a bad video of me trying to get her saying a few words.  :)



Now, if only she would get correct which of us is momma and which is dada we'd be good to go! She does when we ask, but she usually mixes us up when she's calling for us, or just calls everyone momma. Eventually that will click, too.

1 comment:

Rachel Beer said...

I hate missing out on hearing her talking. She's getting so big!